YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Apple Festival


So this past weekend I took a trip to the mountains to celebrate a local festival. I had never been before, and was invited to go along with my friend Kim. The festival was being held in Graves Mountain, two and a half hours away form Prince George. The drive itself wasn’t as bad as anticipated. We took the scenic route and rode by lavish houses on large estates. We even passed Montpelier, the estate of James Madison located in Orange, Virginia. The Apple festival had a lot to offer with an assortment of tent shops, kids activities, apple picking, pumpkins, a live band, and horse back rides through the mountains. I bought a cool shirt to use for Halloween and funnel cake (yum, yum). Right before the end of our trip Kim and I hiked a part of the mountain; the view was just amazing, and the air was fresh. The only real disappointment about the trip was that there were no granny smith caramel apples. All in all the trip was fantastic and I plan on going with my family again next year, and maybe even visit Montpelier this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment