YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 1, 2012

Democracy and Voting


The time to vote is approaching us quickly. Has anyone yet registered to vote? If you have or have not, please tell. I sent in my information to be registered, but I haven’t received any sort of conformation, so I’m a little sketched out on if I’m registered or not.  Most people vote according to their party denomination. In this country we can have more than a one party system, but for some odd reason we have continued to stay with this same stagnant system.  To tell the truth I feel like the people who run our government should be thrown out and we reinitiate who we want as congress men and such. That is easier said than done. Not everyone is well informed on how our government runs and operates and there are many things that cannot simply be fixed. But at the same time I feel as if our government is corrupt, and one idea about democracy is that we can over throw our government whenever they do not abide by a contract theory of government. The only way we can move forward is if people start to educate themselves and start voting in the right people to represent us in congress, maybe then some sort of progress could be made for the situations we are in now 

1 comment:

  1. I've been voting since the 1970s, so YES, I'm registered. Yesterday outside the Commons a guy was offering to help students register and I overheard him talking with a RBC student who just wasn't interested in voting. Despite the man's suggestions of the importance of voting both in national and local elections, the student seemed to think registering and learning about the candidates was too much bother. So sad that he's given up and become part of the reason our government isn't as effective as it could be. -- Dan Ream, RBC librarian

    ReplyDelete